Senior Care Resources
Are you struggling to find the proper eldercare solutions for someone in your family? Dealing with a loved one who is aging or confronting chronic health issues can be challenging. Complete Care Strategies is here to help. Rely on us for resources regarding senior care, home care assistance, and patient advocacy in the Philadelphia area and surrounding suburbs.
Articles by Beverly Bernstein Joie
My Mother’s Keeper: The Eye Doctor Appointment
Published in Today’s Caregiver and Caregiver.com, July/August 2007
For the past several years, my step-sister had been taking my mom to see the ophthalmologist. They had their routine – Cindy would drop her off for the appointment and then pick her up after it. Then, last spring, Mom called to ask if I could step in because Cindy was unavailable to help her. I was actually pleased that I would have the opportunity to see what the doctor had to say.
Read the rest of the article on Caregiver.com
See the article as it appeared in Today’s Caregiver magazine (PDF, 1.3MB)
Care: Geriatric Care Managers Build the Bridge
Reprinted from Assisted Living Today, Jan/Feb 2001
By bringing families together with appropriate long-term care environments and educating clients about options, geriatric care managers help seniors find the most appropriate solutions…Read More
Elder Law: Geriatric Care Managers Build the Bridge.
Beverly Bernstein Joie presented the following when she was a panelist at the 6th Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s 6th Annual Legal Issues in an Age of Aging seminar.
Numerous elder law practices have incorporated geriatric care management as an integral component of their practice…Read More
Download FREE Better Senior Care Planning Kit.
To get our FREE Better Senior Care Planning Kit click here
Online Resources for Elder Care
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Association of Geriatric Psychiatry
- American Society on Aging
- Better Senior Care
- Children of Aging Parents
- Consumer Safety Guide
- Life Choice Hospice
- The Mature Market Institute
- National Academy of Elderly Law Attorneys
- Aging Life Care Association (formerly National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers)
- National Association of Social Workers
- National Council on Aging
- National Eldercare Referral Systems
- National Senior Citizen Law Center
- Well Spouse Association
- Mesothelioma Guide
- Mesothelioma Prognosis
Helpful Articles on Elder Care
- Medication Safety For The Elderly: A Guide For Patients And Caregivers
- Overdose Response Guide: Awareness, Prevention, And Preparedness For Caregivers Of Addicts
- The Ultimate Guide To Senior Nutrition
- The Benefits Of Cooking With Alzheimer’s: A Caregiver’s Guide
- Health: What To Expect In Your 70s And Beyond
- A Guide To Downsizing For Seniors And Their Loved Ones
- Is My Elderly Parent Incompetent? What To Do If You’re Worried
- Senior-Friendly Remodeling
- 12 Ways To Help Seniors Avoid Social Isolation
- Caretakers’ Guide To Moving Seniors Into A Facility
We also offer a free consultation for anyone who has questions about our home care solutions, elder care, homecare assistance, and patient advocacy in the Philadelphia area. Please contact us for more details.